Commissioner Connie Hudson has been an active member of the Mobile community for more than 25 years with extensive volunteer and public service experience. She served nine years as the District 6 representative on the Mobile City Council before her election in 2010 as the District 2 representative on the Mobile County Commission. She has participated in major economic development initiatives such as the Mobile area's site selection for the ThyssenKrupp Steel Plant (now AM/NS Calvert), Austal USA, the Airbus U.S. Final Assembly Line at Brookley Aeroplex, the Airbus A220 Expansion, and the Walmart Distribution and Amazon Sortation Centers.
Commissioner Hudson led the initiative to build a 20,000 sq. ft. senior recreation center in west Mobile, which was named in her honor by the Mobile City Council in May of 2013. She currently serves as President Emeritus of the all-volunteer non-profit MRSCC Foundation that was incorporated to provide resources for the Connie Hudson Mobile Regional Senior Community Center. She initiated the project to build the Mobile County Bicentennial Pavilion in Medal of Honor Park and spearheaded efforts to purchase and renovate property off of Moffett Road to establish the Semmes Senior Center.
She has championed other capital projects including a Mobile County Recycling Drop-Off Center which was completed in November 2014, parks and recreational improvements, such as the Semmes Community Center and Semmes Fire Training Tower, Tanner Williams Community Park and Medal of Honor Park upgrades, construction of a 10-field soccer complex near I-10 and I-65, and the purchase and renovation of the Escatawpa Hollow Park and Campground. She has also directed over $74 million in Pay-As-You-Go Transportation Program funding within District 2.
Commissioner Hudson's educational background includes a B. S. degree in Biological Sciences from Troy University. She completed an Internship in Medical Technology at the Mobile Infirmary Medical Center where she served as a Staff Technologist, Hematology Specialist, MT (ASCP) SH, and Pathology Instructor for the Mobile Infirmary School of Radiation Therapy Technology. Commissioner Hudson is also an Academy of Real Estate graduate and received licensure by the Alabama Real Estate Commission.
She has been married for 39 years to Dennis Hudson, a Senior Staff Engineer at BASF in McIntosh, Alabama. The Hudsons have three children: Brian (34), a U.S. Navy Lieutenant Commander and F/A-18 Super Hornet aviator, stationed in Virginia with his wife, Heather, and children Annabel (5) and Gavin (2); and twin daughters, Julie and Dana (31). Julie, an attorney, resides in Mobile with her husband Patrick Nelson and serves as a JAG officer in the Alabama U.S. Army National Guard. Dana earned a Master's Degree in Music Performance at Southeastern Louisiana University and is employed as a Paralegal in New Orleans, Louisiana, where she resides with her husband Benjamin Ward.
- Board of Directors, Providence Hospital
- Board of Directors, Providence Health System
- Board of Directors, Business Innovation Center
- District 12 Board Member, Association of County Commissioners of Alabama (ACCA)
- Board Member, Alabama State Port Authority
- Board Member, Mobile County Health Department
- 2009 Chairwoman, American Heart Association, Greater S. E. Affiliate, "Go Red For Women" Luncheon
- President Emeritus, Connie Hudson Mobile Regional Senior Community Center Foundation, Inc.
- Nominee for Civitan Club Mobilian of the Year 2008
- 2008 Graduate of Leadership Alabama, Class XVIII
- Board of Directors, Mobile County Republican Executive Committee and Alabama Republican Executive Committee
- Mobile Cruise Task Force
- Board of Directors, Alabama PTA
- President, Mobile County Council of PTAs
- Legislative Chair, Mobile County Council of PTAs
- Honorary Life Member, Alabama PTA
- Co-Chair, Citizens for Better Education
- President, E.R. Dickson Elementary School PTA
- Co-Chair and Executive Director, We Care…Committee
- Board of Directors, Mobile Arts Council
- Board of Directors, Mobile Area Education Foundation
- Board of Directors, America's Junior Miss
- Co-President, Hickory Ridge Community Club
- Member of Spring Hill Baptist Church
In This Section