Operation Green Light
The week of the Veterans Day holiday, Mobile County Commission joins local governments across the nation participating in Operation Green Light to shine a light of appreciation, hope and support for our nation’s veterans.
Mobile County will light the atrium of Mobile Government Plaza green at the stroke of 5 p.m., on Monday, Nov. 7. The atrium will be lit green through Sunday, Nov. 13.
Some downtown businesses and other downtown Mobile locations – the Mobile Convention Center and GulfQuest – will be lit green for the week as well. The Mobile RSA buildings will be lit green a portion of the week.
The Mobile County Commission approved a resolution supporting Operation Green Light on October 24, 2022 (see below) and Commissioners urge residents in all portions of Mobile County to participate.
- Picking up your green light (bulb) at Mobile County License Commissioner or Mobile Public Library locations (locations listed in graphic).
- Shining your green light the week of Nov. 7 through Nov. 13, 2022. Simply change one light bulb in your house to a green bulb. This can be an exterior light that neighbors and passersby see or an interior light that sparks a conversation with friends and family.
- Taking a photo of your green-lit area and post it on social media with the hashtags #OperationGreenLight and #MobileCountyAL.
- Sending your photo to email@example.com (some submitted photos will be featured on Mobile County’s social media and its Operation Green Light page).
- Sharing the local resources listed on this page with veterans and their families.
Read the Mobile County Commission’s resolution of support for Operation Green Light
Veterans Recovery Resources
1156 Spring Hill Ave, Mobile, AL 36604
Mobile VA Clinic (VA Gulf Coast Health Care)
4444 Demetropolis Road
Mobile, AL 36619-9602
US Veterans Affairs Department Mobile Vet Center
3221 Spring Hill Ave Suite C, Mobile, AL 36607
Alabama Veterans Administration
Bay Haas Building
150 Government St #107, Mobile, AL 36604
Make The Connection
Mental Health Crisis (Suicide Hotline)
If you are or know someone in crisis, call 988
Get Connected. Get Help. Call 2-1-1