Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: | How can I register to vote?

Contact the Board of Registrars at 251-574-8586

Q: | What court is responsible for handling tickets issued by the Sheriff's Office or Alabama State Troopers?

District Court, 251-574-8511

Q: | What court would I go to if I receive a ticket from the City of Mobile Police?

Municipal Court , 251-208-7055

Q: | Where is Government Plaza located?

205 Government Street, Mobile, AL, 36644-1801

Q: | Who is responsible for enforcing the regulations regarding junk yards in Mobile County?

Mobile County Environmental Services at 251-574-3229

Q: | How can I get married at the courthouse?

Effective August 29, 2019, the process for entering into a legal marriage in Alabama changed, pursuant to Ala. Act 2019-340.  Under the new law, persons wishing to become married are no longer required to file an application for a marriage license with the county probate court, and the courts will no longer issue marriage licenses. Furthermore, all Alabama probate courts will now be required to record marriage certificates. The Alabama Marriage Certificate form represents a contractual agreement between the parties to the marriage, completed by both parties and delivered to the probate court for recording. Once properly completed and recorded, the marriage is valid. A wedding ceremony may be performed for the parties, but solemnization is no longer required for a recognized marriage in Alabama. Please note that no marriage ceremonies are conducted at the court. For additional information, please visit Mobile County Probate Court’s website at

Q: | Where do I go to get my driver's license renewed?

The License Commission. The main office is located at 3925-F Michael Square and satellite offices are at 19135 South Main Street in Citronelle; 4557 St. Stephens Road in Eight Mile; 151 Government Street, First Floor, Mobile County Government Center Annex in downtown; 5808 Highway 90 West in Theodore.

Q: | Does Mobile County offer trash or garbage service?

No. Trash and garbage collection is offered by companies in the area.

Q: | Who is responsible for handling stray dogs and cats?

Animal Control 251-574-3647.

Q: | What department is responsible for the handling of property taxes, and when are the taxes due?

The Revenue Commission. Property Taxes are due each October 1st and are delinquent after December 31st of the same year. It is your responsibility as a property owner to make sure that your property tax is paid. All unpaid property tax is subject to penalty and interest after the December 31st deadline.

Q: | For any and all other questions not answered . . .

Call Mobile County Information at 251-574-INFO (4636)