View Detailed Map
Jerry Carl is new to the business of political service, but an old hand at the business of making successful businesses.
A native of Mobile, the District 3 Mobile County Commissioner has started, built and sold numerous businesses. His professional experience, along with an abiding interest in the welfare of his community, brought him into the realm of public service.
He and a contingent of supporters in District 3 campaigned in the November 2012 election cycle to seat Mr. Carl as representative of the vast southern district of Mobile County, stretching from Mobile Bay to downtown Mobile and west Grand Bay.
The commissioner continues to manage his businesses. A sampling of his entrepreneurial efforts during his 30-year career includes:
- Manufacturing / Church furniture.
- Wholesale Sales / Independent Sales Rep group of Home Medical Equipment and Funeral Home supplies.
- Retail Sales / Open 20 plus retail locations supplying Home Medical Equipment and Supplies across 7 states / Pharmacy specializing in Inhalation Solutions which is a fancy term for breathing medication.
- Specialty Pharmacy / a pharmacy specializing in the care of patients with bleeding disorders.
- Inn Keeper / a Bed and Breakfast at River Oaks Landing on the Alabama River.
- Timber sales & management / Cricket & Butterfly, LLC
- Developer / Developed River Oaks subdivision in Orrville, AL, as well as West Side Park a commercial office development on Schillinger Road.
But his proudest accomplishment is being married to his wife, Tina, for more than 30 years, raising his three kids, focusing on his three grandchildren and service as a deacon at his Luke 4:18 Church.
Other service work includes church missions as far away as Africa. In Mobile, Mr. Carl is a member of the Board of Directors of the Boys and Girls Club of Mobile, and is on the Mobile County Republican Party Executive Committee.
For leisure, Mr. Carl enjoys the outdoors with a dose of adventure. He is an avid hunter, fisherman, skydiver, scuba diver, and an airplane pilot.