View Detailed Map
Commissioner Connie Hudson has been an active member of the Mobile community for more than 30 years with extensive public service experience. She served nine years as a representative on the Mobile City Council before being elected as the District 2 representative on the Mobile County Commission in 2010. She has participated in major economic development initiatives which resulted in the Mobile area's site selection for the ThyssenKrupp Steel Plant, the Austal USA shipbuilding facility and the recruitment of Carnival Cruise Lines to Mobile. Commissioner Hudson also served as the County's representative during the contract negotiation phase with Airbus in their recruitment to the Brookley Aeroplex.
Commissioner Hudson led the initiative to build the Mobile Regional Senior Community Center in west Mobile. She currently serves as President Emeritus of the all-volunteer non-profit MRSCC Foundation which was incorporated to provide resources for the new Senior Center. In April of 2013, the Mobile City Council renamed the center as the Connie Hudson Mobile Regional Senior Community Center in honor of Commissioner Hudson. She initiated the project to build the Mobile County Bicentennial Pavilion in Medal of Honor Park and spearheaded efforts to purchase and renovate property off of Moffett Road for the Semmes Senior Center. She has championed other capital improvements including median beautification, intersection improvements, and is currently spearheading projects to build a residential recycling center and a tournament soccer complex within Mobile County.
As a passionate education advocate, Commissioner Hudson served in numerous volunteer positions including President of the Mobile County Council of PTA's, Board member of the Alabama PTA, Board member for the Mobile Area Education Foundation, Chairwoman of Citizens for Better Education, and E. R. Dickson Elementary School PTA President. She is an Honorary Life Member of the Alabama PTA and raised thousands of dollars through grant writing to supplement learning resources and arts education for the Mobile County Public School System.
Commissioner Hudson's educational background includes a B. S. degree in Biological Sciences from Troy University. She received an A. S. degree from Chattahoochee Valley Community College in Phenix City, Alabama, where she served as President of the Student Government Association and Captain of the Women's Basketball Team. She completed an Internship in Medical Technology at the Mobile Infirmary Medical Center where she served as a Staff Technologist, Hematology Specialist, MT (ASCP) SH, and Pathology Instructor for the Mobile Infirmary School of Radiation Therapy Technology. Commissioner Hudson is also an Academy of Real Estate graduate and received licensure by the Alabama Real Estate Commission.
She has been married for 33 years to Dennis Hudson, a Senior Staff Engineer at BASF. The Hudsons have three children: Brian (28), a U.S. Navy Lieutenant and F18 Super Hornet aviator, currently stationed at Oceana Naval Base in Virginia and living in Virginia Beach with his wife, Heather; and twin daughters, Julie and Dana (25). Julie graduated from the Mississippi College School of Law and is currently employed as a Law Clerk to the Mobile County Circuit Court. She also serves as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Mississippi Army National Guard. Dana received her Master's Degree in Music Performance at the University of Southeastern Louisiana and teaches Talented Arts Music at Northshore High School in Slidell, Louisiana.
Civic & Community Experience
- Board of Directors, Providence Hospital
- Board of Directors, Providence Health Systems
- Board of Directors, Business Innovation Center
- District 12 Board Member, Association of County Commissioners of Alabama (ACCA)
- Board Member, Alabama State Port Authority
- 2009 Chairwoman, American Heart Association, Greater S. E. Affiliate, "Go Red For Women" Luncheon
- President Emeritus, Connie Hudson Mobile Regional Senior Community Center Foundation, Inc.
- Nominee for Civitan Club Mobilian of the Year 2008
- 2008 Graduate of Leadership Alabama, Class XVIII
- Board of Directors, Mobile County Republican Executive Committee and Alabama Republican Executive Committee
- Mobile Cruise Task Force
- Board of Directors, Alabama PTA
- President, Mobile County Council of PTAs
- Legislative Chair, Mobile County Council of PTAs
- Honorary Life Member, Alabama PTA
- Co-Chair, Citizens for Better Education
- President, E. R. Dickson Elementary School PTA
- Co-Chair and Executive Director, We Care...Committee
- Board of Directors, Mobile Arts Council
- Board of Directors, Mobile Area Education Foundation
- Board of Directors, America's Junior Miss
- Co-President, Hickory Ridge Community Club
- Member of Spring Hill Baptist Church