EMERGENCY SOLUTIONS GRANT (ESG)
The ESG program provides funding to:
- Engage homeless individuals and families living on the street;
- Improve the number and quality of emergency shelters for homeless individuals and families;
- Help operate these shelters;
- Provide essential services to shelter residents;
- Rapidly re-house homeless individuals and families; and
- Prevent families and individuals from becoming homeless.
ESG funds may be used for five program components: street outreach, emergency shelter, homelessness prevention, rapid re-housing assistance, and HMIS; as well as administrative activities.
NOTE: Mobile County does not currently receive ESG funds from HUD. Accordingly, the County does not have funding for rental or utility assistance. Should HUD provide funding, the information will be provided at that time.
Regulations & Guidelines
In This Section