Skip to main content

Right of Way

Requirements for working within the Mobile County Right of Way

  1. A permit application with the appropriate guidelines and checklists shall be completed and submitted to The Mobile County Engineering Office for review. Refer to the Right of Way Permits page for the applicable permit application, guidelines, and checklists.
  2. Before any work is performed by a private contractor a surety bond will be required for utility and right-of-way encroachment related work. The exception being the installation of a second residential driveway.  The bond amount is determined by the department on a case by case basis.
  3. A copy of the general liability insurance certificate naming Mobile County as additionally insured shall be required for any private entity performing work within the county’s right-of-way.

If there are any questions pertaining to the county’s permitting policies and procedures, please call 251-574-4030.

If there are any questions pertaining to vacating Right of Way or Easement, please call 251-574-8595.