Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How can I register to vote?

A. Contact the Board of Registrars at 574-8586.

Q. What court is responsible for handling tickets issued by the Sheriff's Office or Alabama State Troopers?

A. District Court

Q. What court would I go to if I receive a ticket from the City of Mobile Police?

A. Municipal Court

Q. Where is Government Plaza located?

A. 205 Government Street

Q. Who is responsible for enforcing the regulations regarding junk yards in Mobile County?

A. Mobile County Environmental Services at 574-3229

Q. How can I get married at the courthouse?

A. Please note that no marriage ceremonies are conducted at the Court. You must make other arrangements to get married once you have obtained your marriage license.

Q. Where do I go to get my driver's license renewed?

A. The License Commission. The main office is located at 3925-F Michael Square and satellite offices are at 19135 South Main Street in Citronelle; 4557 St. Stephens Road in Eight Mile; 151 Government Street, First Floor, Mobile County Government Center Annex in downtown; 5808 Highway 90 West in Theodore.

Q. Does Mobile County offer trash or garbage service?

A. No. Trash and garbage collection is offered by companies in the area.

Q. Who is responsible for handling stray dogs and cats?

A. Animal Control, (251) 574-3647.

Q. What department is responsible for the handling of property taxes, and when are the taxes due?

A. The Revenue Commission. Property Taxes are due each October 1st and are delinquent after December 31st of the same year. It is your responsibility as a property owner to make sure that your property tax is paid. All unpaid property tax is subject to penalty and interest after the December 31st deadline.

Q. For any and all other questions not answered . . .

A. Call Mobile County Information at (251) 574-INFO (4636)

In This Section
Quick Resources